PROFESSIONAL ATS-314 Hair Scissors
Handcrafted to perfection to give you sharp, clean cuts. The cuts are soft and smooth with these super high quality blades made from the ‘Rolls Royce’ of all steels for Grade 6 Star scissors (Hitachi ATS-314), incoporating a super high quality external bearing screw system. They are a brilliant all round purpose scissor of outstanding quality and lifetime warranty.
Designed by master craftsmen trained in the traditional art of Japanese scissors making, employed by a reputable company specialising in making superior blades, razors and scissors since 1918.
These 6 inch hair scissors have a very beautiful polished finish with a sword dagger blade design. The difference between the steel used in these scissors and 440c is quite apparent. The handles have a ‘buttery’ feel to them and our clients love them. These Japanese syle shears are being sold to salons for around £350+ ($450).
They are designed for use by hairdressers on a daily basis and so is hard wearing and very durable. They will last several years if properly looked after and serviced.
This product is superbly made to a high specification and undergoes comprehensive quality testing for sharpness, durability and hardness. It has been made for professionals with extra attention paid to its weight, handling, durability and ergonomics.
The steel used in these scissors is high grade Japanese Hitachi ATS-314 and is superior to all the stainless steel scissors sold on Ebay (420, J2, 440, V1, V10, VG10) except for the very expensive layered Damascus. This steel is heat treated in very high temperatures using special ceramic technology and then ice tempered in very low temperatures. The edge of an ATS-314 scissors will retain for a long time.
We strongly recommend you to inform yourself on the qualities of ATS-314 steel and how well a scissors made in this super steel will perform. Please read below our guide ‘Know your steel’.
- Durable ATS-314 Japanese High Grade Steel (See our article on steel grading)
- 6 Inch
- Smooth polished Steel
- Sword Dagger Design
- Very Quiet Cutting Action
- Convex Edge – Hollow Ground Blades which Gives a Very Smooth Cutting Action
- Hardness Rating 61 – 63 HRC (Rockwell Hardness)
- Ergonomically Offset Designed Handles for supreme wrist and elbow comfort
- High Quality Bearing Tension System for Very Smooth Movement
- Cutaway Thumb Hole for Easing Thumb Pressure
- Finely balanced Light Weight
- Ultra Sharp Edges – No Pushing or Folding of Hair – Great for Slide cutting
- Beautiful Oriental Art Box Included
- Protective Pouch Included
- RRP – £250.00